- Wash vegetables before cutting them to preserve minerals and vitamins
- Avoid unnecessarily and excessive washing of food items
- Vegetables should be peel very thinly as vitamins and minerals are stored just under the skin.
- Cut vegetables in to large pieces just before cooking. Cutting vegetables in a very small pieces leads to more loss of nutrients.
- Use just enough water to boil vegetables, do not throw away the extra water, it can be used in cooking other food items.
- Avoid using cooking soda. Use of Lemon or tamarind juice helps to conserve the vitamins.
- Cook food in a pan with well fitted lid. When you cook in an uncovered pan most nutrients are lost during cooking such way
- Do not overcook food as many nutrients may be destroyed.
Get FREE answer to your questions
Sunday, 25 March 2012 13:05
How to conserve Nutrients while cooking food -Tips
Published in Tips
Leave a comment
Comments can be moderated to keep the conversation civil and respectful. Thank You