Get FREE answer to your questions
Most of the times to get rid of tension headache people reach out to painkillers; however painkillers are not the only way to get relief from tension headache. Try following home remedies to feel better, suggested by Mayo Clinic, published at Health days News.
- Try to avoid stressful conditions by effective organization and be prepared to minimize stressful conditions. It’s ok to have some fun at work. Don’t overdo at work. Apply a heating pad, hot water bottle or warm compress to aching muscles. Or take a hot shower.
- Take an ice pack, wrapped it in a towel, and apply it to the neck.
- To ease muscle strain practice good posture. While standing, keep shoulders back and head level, buttocks and abdomen pulled in. While sitting, keep your head straight and thighs parallel to the floor.
When it comes to weight loss, opinions are divided as to what the best diet is for reducing body fat. To investigate, a team of researchers compared a low-fat diet with a low-carbohydrate diet, finding that cutting fat intake resulted in greater body fat loss.
The small but precise study, published in Cell Metabolism, assessed the weight loss of 19 obese adults who were confined to a metabolic ward for two 2-week periods.
Kevin Hall, a metabolism researcher at the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), states that many people have strong beliefs about what matters for weight loss, yet the data these opinions are based upon are sometimes lacking.
"I wanted to rigorously test the theory that carbohydraterestriction is particularly effective for losing body fat since this idea has been influencing many people's decisions about their diets," he explains.
read more at source: Medical News Today
Copyright: Medical News Today
Older women may not benefit from vitamin D supplements, according to a new study from the University of Wisconsin.
Researchers randomly divided 230 women into one of three groups: a low dose group taking 800 units of vitamin D a day, a high-dose group taking 50,000 units twice a month, and a control group taking a placebo. All the women had similar vitamin D levels at the beginning of the study.
Their findings, which are published in JAMA,
Stress management is important when it comes to preventing and treating hypertension. Have a look at these seven strategies suggested by Haward experts,
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep or inadequate poor-quality sleep can have negative effect on your mood, mental alertness, energy level, and physical health.
- Learn what relaxation techniques suits you best and practice regularly, some of effective mode of relaxation includes Meditation, progressive muscle relaxation, guided imagery, deep breathing exercises, and yoga.
- Be socially active. Connect with others by taking a class, joining an organization, or participating in a support group.
- Learn time management skills. The more efficiently you can juggle work and family demands, the lower your stress level.
- Get control of stressful situations if you can. Don't let stressful situations aggravate. Hold family problem-solving sessions and use negotiation skills at home and at work.
- Take care of yourself. Treat yourself to a massage. Take pleasure in an experience: for example, eat slowly and really focus on the taste and sensations of each bite. Take a walk or a nap, or listen to your favourite music.
- Ask for help. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your spouse, friends, and neighbours.
If stress and anxiety continue, consult your physician.
Image and content source: Haward health publication, http://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/7-ways-to-keep-stress-and-blood-pressure-down
(HealthDay)—Physical activity may reduce a woman's risk of lung or breast cancer, a pair of new studies suggest.
Know how eating fruits daily helps you to stay healthy and fit…
A good mother ensures that her children eat well-balanced meals and get the essential energy for, their bodies to work in full capacity. Choosing a healthy, nutritious diet is often a challenge for mothers, but did you know fruits are highly nutritious and contain a lot of natural minerals and vitamins? Fruits are instant energy booster and help quench thirst they often leave you feeling refreshed. Fruits are found in plenty all over the world, specially tropical countries have wide varieties of fruit. Did you know a bowl of fruit salad takes only thirty minutes for digestion? While other food takes anywhere between eight to ten hours.
What does fruit contain?
My name is Devi, by profession I am a lawyer. Me & my 4 year old daughter Jahnavi, are patients of Dr. Sejaal shah. We moved to Bangalore from Chennai two years back.Once we moved to Bangalore, my daughter started an asthmatic tendency (which was never before) due to some allergic condition in Bangalore. As usual, we started with the Allopathic medicines and continued to treat her for the next 6 months with the Allopathic medicines. My daughter fell ill every 15 days and was on continuous nebulisation (with asthalin & Budecort puffs). One time, when she was admitted in Manipal Hospital, due to continuous coughing, she was given the highest dose of all medicines and even then the cough was not subsiding. Then, through one of my friends who visited us in the Manipal Hospital, we got reference of Dr. Sejaal. We met her, explained Jahnavi’s condition and started with Dr. Sejaal’s medicine. Within the first one or two doses of the medicine itself there was considerable difference in my daughter’s condition and slowly we were able to stop nebulisation. We have been her patient for the past one year and now the frequency of her allergic cough has almost come down to zero. We are very happy with her treatment and gave Dr. Sejaal’s reference to all our friends and all the kids of my daughter’s age who were suffering from this allergic cough are now relieved. I had also developed a chronic sinus problem after coming to Bangalore and has undergone Dr. Sejaal’s treatment for the past one year and I am now free from sinus. More than a doctor, Dr. Sejaal is like a life saviour for all of us...any time like morning or night she is just a call away...Many thanks to Dr. Sejaal’s for being a good Samaritan....
GeneCare® provides quality genetic testing to one and all to understand one’s own gene profile, crucial information encoded by genes, thus assisting individuals to make informed decisions about their health and wellbeing. The GeneCare® genetic test looks at up to 10,000 of these SNPs on your genome. Gene expressions are known as Polymorphisms. Majority of the gene expressions are good while few are bad. The bad ones possess mental and physical ill health. Identifying these bad expressions earlier and correcting is what we do in GeneCare®.
How is GeneCare® Beneficial?
Preparation time:- 15 mins
Cooking time :- 25– 30mins
Quantity :- 4 persons
- Lady finger 300 gms,
- Curd -2 cups,
- Tomato 1no.,
- Green chilly - 2 nos.,
- Curry leaves- 5-6 nos.,
- Coriander leaf - 2 tsp.
- Gram flour - 2 tsp,
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp,
- salt to taste,
- water- 1.5 cups,
- oil - 1 and half table spoon,
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Read more and find out how playing outdoors is essential for good mental and physical development. written by Monisha
Is your child getting time to play outdoors? Or has playing moved indoors? Playing outdoors is vital, just like food, clothing, shelter and a good night’s sleep; it’s an essential part in child development and helps children reach their full potential. It plays an important part in overall development. But outdoor playtime is now reducing and is switched by screen time- in front of the television, computer or various gaming devices.
Importance of outdoor play
- Use of Henna for excessive hair fall Written on Monday, 06 May 2013 21:48 in Query Answered 1 comment Read 18044 times Read more...
- How to gain weight? Written on Saturday, 04 May 2013 08:46 in Query Answered 1 comment Read 9748 times Read more...
- Lifestyle modification for elderly, suffering from diabetes, thyroid and prostate enlargement Written on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 11:03 in Query Answered Be the first to comment! Read 6380 times Read more...