Get FREE answer to your questions
Liposuction is a popular cosmetic surgery known as lipoplasty, where a surgery is performed to take out the surplus deposits of fat cells through a stainless steel suction tube called cannula. The plastic surgeon brings out the correct proportion of the person’s body that results in a smooth, attractive body shape, by eliminating fat from the hips, thighs, abdomen, and upper arm. The "tumescent technique" will be carried out by administering local anesthesia using much smaller cannulas, in the place of general anesthesia. The liposuction procedure was launched by the Italian –American surgeons, named Giorgio and Arpad Fischer during 1974. A huge lot of 341,144 surgeries were performed in the year 2008 and liposuction was documented as one of the top five beautifying surgeries performed in that year.
Necessity of liposuction:
Liposuction is aimed at reshaping the body by drawing out the fat deposits from certain areas, mainly for cosmetic reasons, where a person is having fatty irregularities which cannot show much leaning results with diet changes or exercises.
Liposuction is advised to a person having firm, elastic skin, more precisely for persons having concentrated pockets of fat in specific areas. It is not approached as a solution to cure general obesity.
Types of liposuction surgeries:
- Tumescent liposuction
- Power assisted liposuction
- Ultrasonic assisted liposuction(UAL)
Benefits of liposuction:
- Liposuction is a sure way of eliminating the deposits of fat to obtain a more enhanced and smooth shape of body. The patient is boosted in terms of self –esteem and confidence
- A better contour is achieved due to the upshot of the procedure and it looks as if more weight has come down.
- Liposuction had heightened the confidence of many people, making them participate in activities which they had previously stayed away from because of their weighty looks
- Stay at hospital depends upon the nearness to the patients house and the coverage point of the surgery
Risks and Complications associated with liposuction include:
- Anesthetic or medication allergic response is possible
- Bleeding or blood clot in the area of surgical wound
- Fluid loss can lead to shock
- Embolism of fat
- Overload of fluid can be a negative outcome
- Damage of the nerves
- Infection at surgical site
- Tissue and organ damages
- Burns from surgical instruments
- Result can be devious, due to uneven fat removal
- Unwanted scarring
Preparation before liposuction surgery:
- Take the opinion of the surgeon who will estimate the areas to be suctioned and consult the doctor regarding the continuation or discontinuation of your list of medicines
- Inform the surgeon about any existing allergies related to food, drug or environmental elements and notify smoking or alcohol consuming habit to the surgeon
- A complete physical examination will be conducted
- Apply before hand for leave at work place and arrange for an assistant at home and drive to the rehabilitation program during the post operative recovery period
- Do not consume any solid or liquid food for a few hours before surgery
- Prepare yourself by loading your bag with some easy to wear clothes to be used after surgery
Tip for medical tourist:
- Medical tourists may opt for a comfortable accommodation such as a handicap accessible hotel room in the proximity of the hospital after getting discharged from hospital
- Medical tourists may plan to return to their destination 4-7 days after the procedure
Liposuction surgery after care:
- Following the liposuction surgery, a compression support garment is integrated into the patient which supports high degree of healing as well maintains the new desired shape.
- After the surgery a surgical drain will be incorporated and it will be taken-off within 2-3 days post surgery
- As surgery marks and swellings needs 3-4 weeks to subside, the anticipated result from the procedure will be not visible during the starting stages of recovery
Special precautions following surgery:
- For a week period, take assistance for driving
- Start being lightly active after resting for 24 to 48 hours after surgery
- Laborious activities and heavy lifting can be started after providing ample rest for the body for 4 weeks post surgery
- Compression garment is mandatory for 3 week
After 6-7 weeks of surgery, remarkable progress will be visible . Patients need to follow a regular exercise regime and have a strictly healthy diet to maintain the regained contour of the body.
Generally, a vast number of people who have undergone liposuction are pleased with the surgical results of liposuction.
Dissolve 2 aspirins in any dandruff shampoo and then wash your hair. Results are amazing dandruff.